Top 10 Reasons GYA CLUB participation was limited at the SYC VIPER Winter Series this weekend
1. Accuweather said it was going to rain
2. Sailflow said no breeze
3. I wanted to do breakfast with Santa and make my kids go with me
4. I sail Capedeville only and don't like entry fees
5. Burnt out from late Liptons, Mallorys and NAs
6. Entry fee for Series is $175. per weekend
7. I don't sail in December or January
8. Company Holiday party or boat parade at 7pm on Saturday night. Really!?!
9. I got the kids this weekend
SYC ran the best event they could considering the weather but GYA participation was certainly limited considering how many boats we have in the area and on the coast. Even SYC Storage had 3 boats that didn't leave the trailers or register. Might just be the time of year. You can post #10 . I think the out of town participants want to sail against more GYA locals and came down here for a larger fleet. East Coast showed up this weekend and Gulf Coast stayed home. Disappointing.